I love the Thanksgiving week. It is a wonderful time to gather with family and friends and reflect on the blessings of the Lord. For many, we experience renewed hope and faith during the Thanksgiving holiday because we turn our eyes onto what is most important.
This Thanksgiving may look different. Your heart may be aching for family members who cannot visit or for the loss of a loved one. You may be struggling with the challenges that have come as a result of the pandemic. I believe God wants to meet you in a special way. Through prayers of faith and gratitude, we are able to experience the true meaning of thanksgiving.
Gratitude prepares our hearts for God’s presence. I love the paraphrase of Psalm 100:4, “Enter (His gates) with the password: ‘Thank you!’ Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank him. Worship him” (The Message).
As we enter into Thanksgiving week, I'm praying for you:
1. To know the Lord's strength. As you hide under His wings, may you feel His righteous right hand sustaining you.
2. To be showered with wisdom. I pray God grants wisdom beyond your years and that you'd operate in the knowledge and wisdom that comes from the Lord.
3. To be blessed with health. Many have been pushed into discouragement and even depression. I pray that you will be sustained physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
4. To be surrounded by energy-producing friends. May your family and friends be a source of confidence, hope, and joy to your life.
5. To received divine provision. I pray God supplies enough and even more to meet your needs, reminding you that He is a good God, the giver of every good and perfect gift.