$100,000 in AG College Scholarships Awarded
Ralph Riggs Scholarships, one of four scholarship/grant programs sponsored by the Assemblies of God Trust, are awarded annually to a select number of high school graduates planning to attend Assemblies of God colleges and universities.
Erin Gaddis and Mason Rozean are recipients of the 2015 Ralph Riggs General Superintendent's Scholarships in the amount of $30,000 each, to be distributed to them over a four-year period. Eight additional graduates will receive a Riggs Scholarship of $5,000 each. All 10 students are attending an Assemblies of God college or university beginning this semester, fall 2015.
Gaddis, daughter of James and Tammy Gaddis, is a graduate of Steelville High School in Steelville, Missouri, and is attending Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie, Texas.
"I am sincerely thankful for the AGTrust partners and scholarship committee who provided me this scholarship," Gaddis says. "Because of your generosity, I am attending Southwestern. God has certainly shown me favor during this time of transition in my life, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for my future."
Rozean, son of Rev. Eric and Shelley Rozean, is a graduate of Kearney High School in Kearney, Nebraska, and is attending Evangel University in Springfield, Missouri.
At his local church, Rozean is a member of the youth preaching team and the drama teen children's ministry and a worship leader. He plans to major in church ministry.
"The class structure for each and every ministry major at Evangel is designed for the purpose of sending out the student ready to be a minister," Rozean says. "I look forward to receiving the education that best prepares me for my life's calling to the ministry.
The following students received a Riggs Scholarship of $5,000:
• Noah Holmes of Houlton, Maine, attending Evangel University, Springfield, Missouri
• Alyssa Kellum of Amity, Oregon, attending Northwest University, Kirkland, Washington
• Megan Knorr of Mountain Top, Pennsylvania, attending University of Valley Forge, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
• Bree Manning of Toxey, Alabama, attending Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Waxahachie, Texas
• Andreas Moeller of Hebo, Oregon, attending Evangel University, Springfield, Missouri
• Tyler Peterson of Montrose, Colorado, attending Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Waxahachie, Texas
• Trey Shupp of Fort Drum, New York, attending Evangel University, Springfield, Missouri
• Sydney Wilson of Orlando, Florida, attending Evangel University, Springfield, Missouri
The Ralph Riggs Scholarship is named for former Assemblies of God General Superintendent Ralph M. Riggs, an early advocate for higher education in the Fellowship.
The Alliance for AG Higher Education committee selects recipients based on their outstanding academic merit and exemplary community church service, Christian life and personal references.
Since its formation in 2008, AGTrust has awarded 846 scholarships and grants totaling $2.28 million to students attending AG colleges and universities.
For more information on AGTrust scholarship/grant deadlines and applications, go to agtrust.org.