AG General Superintendent Advises on Coronavirus
The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 a pandemic. We’re living in unprecedented times. Several states have given guidance that could impact church gatherings: some encouraging no meetings over 1,000, others encouraging no meetings over 250 — and one governor even urging churches across the state to consider canceling.
Some have expressed frustration as they think this situation is overblown. Others express concern that not enough is being done. Regardless of your opinion, we can all be confident that none of this has taken God by surprise. God is not wringing His hands over coronavirus. He has the situation under control. Our faith is not in man. Our faith is in God.
Here is some spiritual, legal, and technical advice that can help guide your church in responding to the coronavirus.
Finally, please join me in focused prayer in the following areas:
- Pray that we’re driven by faith and not fear.
- Pray for people who have been impacted by this virus around the world.
- Pray for our missionary family and global partners.
- Pray for the church to seize ministry opportunities.
- Pray Romans 15:13, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”